Sunday, August 16, 2009

Junk of the Week #13



Ceramic Christmas Candle Holder - Free
Bamboo Patio Lights - Free
Blue Sketch Book - Free
Stamp Brush Markers - Free
Glue Stick - Free
Mardi Gras Mask - Free
Marvin the Martian Frame - Free
Red Glass Candle Plate - Free
Vintage Baron Poker Chips - Free
Poker Bucket and Accessories - Free
Coke Tin w. Two Playing Card Decks - Free
Jack Daniels Flask - Free

"Dark Hollow" Paperback by Brian Keene - $0.25
Plate Holder - $0.75
Camp Blanket - $0.25

Find of the Week:
1957 Polaroid 800 Land Camera with Original Case and Accessories - $4.00


Hell yeah, now that's more like it. I was starting to think about not going out this week but I'm definitely glad that I did. What a nice haul.

Came across a great batch of free boxes early on, obviously. It looks like stuff that didn't move at a previous sale. A lot still has price tags on. A lot of neat little stuff. That's a really nice sketch book, I don't think it was used at all, there are a lot of pages left. I'm not sure where the patio lights are going to go, but they're so neat. I was gonna buy some of these new at Target last summer but then didn't. I'm not sure why I picked up the poker stuff, I don't play, don't care to play, but it's neat stuff. Maybe I'll find someone to give it to at Christmas time.

The blanket and plate holder I bought from a lady with a pet chicken who gave me both for a dollar. I had just said three days ago I needed another camp blanket for, well, camping. In the meantime it will cover up the ugly office chair at my craft table in the office quite nicely.

"Dark Hollow" is an excellent horror novel (originally published as "The Rutting Season" I believe) by Brian Keene, a local author that my cousin is a huge fan of. I borrowed her copy of the book back at Christmas time and really liked it, though it has a bit more sex and gore than I'm used to. Anyway, for a quarter I now have my own copy for my library. Next time he's at Comix Connection I have something to get signed.

And finally, holy crap. Look at that Polaroid camera. That thing is huge. And unbelievably awesome. I think somebody bought this camera in the late 1950's, messed with it a little, and than never touched it again. The books are all there, the registration card is there and was never completed, plus two rolls of film and other stuff. I just cannot believe I only paid $4 for this. If this had been at flea market it would've been $50 at least. I have a Polaroid Highlander camera that is smaller than this that I paid $25 for at an antiques shop in Reno, and while it's a more attractive camera it's barely half the size of this one. Four damn dollars. It boggles the mind.

I can't wait till I have a large enough home to better display my cameras. This one is really too big to go anywhere I have available now, but at least I have the case to keep it safe.

Well, that's it. I feel much better after this week's haul, I guess I'll stick it out the rest of the season.

No comments: