Saturday, July 4, 2009

Junk of the Week #7



Set of 3 Christmas Mice - Paid for by my uncle
Bag of 100 Vanilla Scented Tea Light Candles - $1.00


Ugh. Slim pickin's this week. I went out to some sales Friday around town but didn't find much but the candles. Actually, okay, I DID find some Stephen King books I wanted, including the ever illusive hardcover IT, but they wanted more than I was willing to pay ($15 for the hardcover and $1 for the paperbacks, I don't like to pay that much for used books if I can help it) so I didn't get them. I was in a really shitty mood yesterday for some reason, so I got pissy at myself and went home after an hour.

There were hardly any sales about today, what with it being July 4th and all, and the sales we did find pretty much sucked. Did come across those Christmas mice, which are a little bigger than most of the ones I have but so what. My uncle paid for them before I could go back to the van for my money. We mostly just drove around for three hours and then went to Wal-Mart and McDonald's, which I think is a pretty apt way to celebrate our country. :)

I'm running low on both money and gas, so no trip to flea market this week. Besides, my apartment is all torn to shit right now as I clean out my closets and prepare for my own yard sale, which should hopefully be at the end of the month. I suppose I should stem the incoming tide while I deal with what I have for now.

Here's hoping next week makes up for it.

No comments: