Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Junk of the Week #9



Book shelf - $4.00
Spruce scented Candle-lite Candle - $2.00
Candle, plate & rocks - $1.00
1981 Football Jersey Smurf Plush - $.50


Sorry about the crappy photo, people I pretend read this stuff. My living room is full of stuff for my own yard sale and boxes of books that need sorted out, so this is the best angle I could get.

Nothing much to say. I spent more than I usually do with less to show for it. I really need the bookshelf, though. It's been a pain in the ass finding somewhere to put it, but I think it's gonna work out okay.

And I needed the candle plate, too. I like to burn those big three-wick pillar candles in the fall and at Christmas time, but I don't always pay enough attention to them and there's a nice size puddle of green pine scented wax stuck in my carpet from the last one that over-flowed. I do plan to clean that up some day.

I don't usually pay more than a dollar for candles at yard sales, but this one smells fantastic, and Candle-lite candles can get a little pricey, too. Not as expensive as Yankee Candles, of course, but not $2 a piece, you know.

And the Smurf? I just like Smurfs. I think this one must have been on a shelf or something for the last twenty eight years, he's in practically new condition, though he's missing something that velcroed to his hand. Most likely a football.

So that's it. Another week with a mostly sucky selection. We even gave up early, partly because my nephew was with us and he was getting bored too. Even though my mom bought him a ton of toys. She could barely fit it all in the van. I don't know how my sister keeps from choking her sometimes, really.

No comments: