Sunday, May 24, 2009

Junk of the Week #1




Homer Simpson Doll - Free
Winnie the Pooh Doll - Free
Large Coke Glass - $.25
Small Coke Glass - $.25
Blue Glass Vase - $.25
7" x 11" Pyrex Baking Dish - $1.00
"Duma Key" 2008 paperback - $.50
**Find of the Week**
"The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three" 1987 First Ed. Hardcover - $.10

Oh yeah, that's right. TEN CENTS. I couldn't get that dime out of my pocket fast enough. I did my research, a rare first edition of this book in hardcover tends to sell through collectors' sites for around $80 or so. I rule. I don't plan to sell this, of course, but it's great to know that's $79.90 I saved. I've been looking into some of the other Stephen King novels I bought second-hand over the past year, and my $1 hardcover "Danse Macabre" is also a rare first edition of about the same estimated value. I plan to research this some more this week. I'm pleased with the purchase of the "Duma Key" paperback, as well. I have it in hardcover, of course, and have read it, but I do plan to put my Stephen King collection together as a library display when I have the space to do so, and this is a very nice looking book. This plan leads to having a lot of copies of the same book, of course, but what the hell, I'm finding them cheap. I have four separate editions of "The Green Mile" now (the original 6 part 'serial' novels, the first paperback collected edition, the first hardcover collected edition, and the regular paperback edition for the movie w. Tom Hanks on the cover) as well as three paperback editions of "Night Shift" with different covers. I'm dying to have room to set up my black bookshelf and start putting this together, but it's probably going to have to wait till I eventually (hopefully) move to a bigger place.

As for the rest of the finds, it was a small haul but I'm quite pleased. That Pyrex dish should let me make a half-sized lasagna, which will be awesome because I can never get through a whole one before I'm sick of it. The vase needs a little cleaning up, but I'm a sucker for colored glass like that, especially at that price. I really shouldn't have bought the Coke glasses but I like them so much. I just have tons of drinking glasses I don't have room for already. I keep telling myself I'll be good but there's two more I need to find room for. And the Homer and Winnie the Pooh dolls make me smile, even more because they came from the free box. Never skip the FREE BOX!

So that's all my Junk for this edition. Can't wait to see what next week brings...

No comments: